Head of Data Science, Insights and Analytics at Immersive Labs
Join an agile team changing the face of cyber security.
Be part of a progressive, open and inclusive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
We’re growing at an exceptional rate and are looking for people to share in our exciting future.
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, exercise and evidence the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organisations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 100 employees in our Bristol HQ and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 100 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We're looking for a hands on, passionate Data person to Head our Data Science, Insights and Analytics team. You will lead by example in the delivery of crucial data-driven insights for our customers; servicing the internal business intelligence needs of the wider business; and discovering new opportunities for innovative uses of our data.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will take charge of the existing team and responsibility for data science, insight and analytics across the whole of Immersive Labs. You will drive a data culture in the wider organisation and be the authority for all things data. You will be responsible for our Looker/Snowflake/DBT/Stitch data warehouse and analytics solution ensuring it delivers for the needs of the business by maintaining data quality, speed of service, relevance and accuracy of insights produced.
As a Data Scientist, you will be excited to get hold of the datasets covering how our users solve the cyber security challenges we set in our labs. These millions of data points are ready for a passionate and innovative Head of Data to demonstrate what is possible and in turn, drive wider product innovation.
As a Data Analyst, you will support the business and management intelligence needed by our customers and internal stakeholders uncovering and delivering further insight.
Your main responsibilities:
- Own the vision, strategy and roadmap for data across the business
- Develop and enhance the data architecture in partnership with Engineering and Product
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the data team
- Provide Data analytics services for Customer Success, Sales, UX and Product teams
- Work collaboratively with Product to deliver customer insights within the platform
To be successful:
- You will LOVE data with an insatiable thirst for generating actionable insights for both internal and customer use
- Be a credible data person with expertise in implementing data strategies in high growth tech businesses
- A motivational, inspiring and supportive leader who can get the best out of their team and be hands on with the data.
- A clear communicator who is as able to analyse millions of rows of data and extract the key insights needed by your customers.
- Be collaborative and know how to delicately balance the competing needs of Product, service and innovation
You will additionally have skills in most of the following:
- Expertise with applied statistics and machine learning techniques
- Practical knowledge of our Data stack (Looker / Snowflake / DBT / Stitch)
- Good Python, R, SQL, Excel skills
- Rapid prototyping, Lean and Agile methodologies
- Ability to work across the business to translate issues into potential analytics solutions
- Excellent Data visualisation and presentation techniques
What Immersive Labs offers:
- We offer an extensive range of benefits, including enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times
- This is a remote role with monthly visits to Bristol getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer a season ticket loan and have a cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
Find out more at https://www.immersivelabs.com/company/careers
Level up your career with Immersive Labs. Apply now!