HCS Compliance & Risk Management Senior Data and Reporting Professional
The Senior Data and Reporting Professional generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. The Senior Data and Reporting Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Data and Reporting Professional integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
In this position, the Senior Data and Reporting Professional is responsible for the facilitation of compliance reporting, focusing on Home Operations. Working collaboratively with Data and Reporting Professionals and Business Partners, the Senior Data and Reporting Professional aligns reporting with external regulations and internal policies, ensuring timely risk identification to support compliance with the appropriate regulatory agencies and Healthcare Services’ (HCS) standards and policies.
- Improve oversight processes across functional areas of Humana and with external business partners; including the development of compliance reporting methodologies, data models, and processes to proactively identify and track risks
- Ensure business requirements for data requests are complete, accurate, and submitted timely
- Align reporting with external regulations and internal policies, ensuring timely risk identification to support compliance with the appropriate regulatory agencies and internal standards and policies
- Drive process to proactively identify compliance risks; including development of reporting data models and tracking mechanisms
- Review and analyze large data sets, processes, and documentation to identify compliance gaps in current state process
- Provide context for data and reporting, focusing on issue identification, root causes, and potential solutions
- Assist in the creation, review, and publishing of scheduled reports that communicate key elements around compliance tracking, issue identification, and impacts of remediation activities
- Support HCS Compliance and Risk Management leadership team with its reporting responsibilities to senior leadership
- Provide structure and uniformity across compliance reporting functions within HCS, providing consistent templates and procedures in the execution of data analysis
- Collaborate with HCS Audit & Compliance, Home Operations business partners, Regulatory Compliance, Operational Risk Management, and analytics teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in reporting
- Demonstrated advanced Microsoft Excel skills including ability to link pivots to external data sources, creating pivot tables and summarizing data into reports and dashboards
- Demonstrated advanced Microsoft Access skills including ability to link to external data sources, pass-through queries, data structure and relationship design
- Experience working with big and complex data sets and/or the analysis of healthcare data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to successfully communicate with senior leadership
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple or competing priorities
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be committed to continuous process improvement
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, SAS and other data systems
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations
- Experience with Medicare compliance reporting
- Experience in a system analytics and/or data warehousing environment
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.