Enterprise Data Strategy and Sourcing Lead
Our ideal candidate is motivated by enabling business innovation, agility and growth at scale; demonstrates vision, skill and sound judgement leading large-scale, technology programs; and contributes business acumen, vendor management, enterprise data governance, and DevOps delivery insights.
Data, analytics and algorithmic decision making are at the core of MassMutual’s digital evolution. In this role you will be accountable to envision and establish an enterprise data strategy and sourcing service for critical data leveraged across business channels. You will create and maintain a strategic roadmap and delivery plan to stand up the capability; staff a team of researchers and data analysts; set internal SLAs for quality and availability; and exceed service expectations as you deliver fully-governed data and run this service like its own P/L. You will also be accountable to track team KPIs; coordinate intake and backlog management; support our agile initiatives; and ensure consistency of execution, quality and adherence to enterprise data governance.Objectives of the role
- Partner with business channel leaders, key governance stakeholders, data scientists and data architects to create a vision and mission statement.
- Produce and maintain a Data Strategy and Sourcing Roadmap that holistically addresses high-priority, high-value data needs across the enterprise.
- Produce net positive value for the enterprise by centrally sourcing core data elements; strategically managing the data portfolio; maximizing vendor leverage and value; and increasing business agility by proactively procuring and fully-governed data.
- Provide value-added capabilities including regular data source baselining and competitive analysis. Stay informed of trends and innovations in the industry.
- Democratize and maximize the value of MassMutual’s data, analytics and AI assets across all business channels.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a Data Strategy and Sourcing Roadmap that holistically addresses high-priority, high-value data needs across the enterprise.
- Drive and monitor program execution, scope and resource management, risk management, and a robust, multi-audience communications program to ensure transparency, efficient decision making, and predictable delivery.
- Establish and track quantitative measures of progress, value and risks aligned with our data and AI strategic imperatives. Produce regular status reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate and partner with other leaders across our data science and data engineering teams, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security.
- Stand up the capability; staff a team of researchers and data analysts; set internal SLAs for quality and availability; and exceed service expectations as you deliver fully-governed data and run this service like its own P/L
- ·Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Extensive experience with technology product ownership, and a successful track record establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional service delivery programs.
- Strong project management experience with preference for practical agile tactics and methodologies.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of data architectures, data modeling, business analytics, and DevOps software development life cycles/tool chains.
- Financial services knowledge, including core products, business processes and participants.
- Authorized to work in the United States with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., and J.D.).
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise programs around data management and governance in highly regulated industries.
- Knowledge of methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus: financial industry regulations, GDPR, privacy impact assessments, vendor management, statistical analysis, ML/AI development.