Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamr’s data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
We are seeking an outstanding engineering tech lead interested in building products that solve customer problems, ranging from back-end data processing and machine learning, to front end presentation and dashboarding. This is an opportunity to build enterprise software that solves the most time-consuming, manually intensive problem in data science: enriching, curating, and preparing data. Working with very strong colleagues, you will lead a team and help design and implement creative solutions to problems in microservice applications, data pipelining, distributed computing, large-scale computing, interactive-response-time processing, and system architecture.
This job might be a good fit for you if you have:
- Experience managing a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong experience in Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience with test-driven development and an approach to software engineering that values design work and review before coding, along with careful testing
- Background in building, maintaining, and shipping sophisticated enterprise software systems through multiple release cycles, especially through upgrades and changes to APIs and data formats
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A willingness to dive in and figure out what needs to be done along with a collaborative working style.
- Experience in an agile environment and a rapidly expanding product market
This position is available in Cambridge. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.