Director, Data Science at Skillsoft
Director of Data Science
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about "Making Work Matter." With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
· Exploit the value of enterprise information and develop various predictive models that help us create better experience for our learners (repeat use, higher engagement, etc) and drive more value for our customers (retention, upgrades, etc)
· Create segmentations for our learner and business audiences based on their expressed and inferred needs and actual behaviors; implement segmentations working with product and marketing functions to differentiate our solutions offerings
· Leverage strong mathematics, statistics and technology skills (machine learning, Python, etc.) in order to lead the development of sophisticated relationships between learner's behaviors and the type of solutions we build for them – content and platform solutions
· Uncover deep insights about learner and customer engagement and collaborate with product, customer success and marketing to increase the engagement points for our users
· Analyze retention, and its main drivers – develop strategies to increase retention and upgrades across the various customer and GTM segments using various predictive modeling techniques
· Support our GTM efforts with modeling aimed at creating efficiencies in our targeting and multi touch campaigns; develop and own multi touch attribution models on behalf of Marketing
· Lead cross functional efforts to implement new models with other teams – product, IT, marketing, systems; Partner with our BI and BA teams to develop common data requirements and build out cutting edge data infrastructure – data lakes, real time data streaming, etc
· Drive the development of Skillsoft's Data Science tools and practices - emerging analytical and data science approaches, skills and technologies
· Manage a small team of data scientists and lead the DS practice for the Enterprise
Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor or higher degree in quantitative field – engineering, data science, statistics, economics
· 7-10 years' experience in analytics and/or data science
· Proven ability to deliver business value by leveraging deep analytic skills in order to solve complex business problems
· Mathematical, modeling, and reasoning skills in order to build complex models
· Computer programming skills in order to turn the mathematical model into Artificial Intelligence (R, Python, AWS, Spark, etc)
· Leadership skills necessary to build a highly engaged team
· Leadership skills necessary to work cross functionally to implement models and insights
· Experience working effectively with senior management, particularly with a record of success at selling new ideas
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner's Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.