Director of Data Engineering at DraftKings
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 p.m. (EST) on Monday, December 9, 2019
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to run our Data Engineering Team. The Data Engineering Team at DraftKings has a broad charter and is the keystone to DraftKings’ business strategy. We work on all components of the data platform - from data pipelines to data modeling to data transformation to data delivery, we are the foundation for all analytics and data science capabilities at DraftKings. Sound good to you? Join us.
What You'll Do:
- Grow a culture of strong ownership and accountability among multiple senior engineering managers
- Advocate to executive and senior leadership for how to build a world class data environment through modern and scalable technology
- Partner with Product leadership to shape the vision for each team
- Plan the budget and headcount roadmap for a team of 20+ engineers and growing
- Keep the team connected with a growing number of stakeholders and locations
What Skills You'll Use:
- Your ability to manage multiple data engineering teams, and grow and support senior leaders. You are an experienced people manager
- Your ability to evangelize and influence across both the technology and business organizations
- Your experience building teams from scratch by identifying and staffing critical roles
- A strong understanding of data and reporting engines, data modeling and warehousing, and data transformations and pipelines
- A history of working closely with highly active and capable analytics teams
- Experience screening candidates for management ability
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Read Full Job Description