Director - Cyber Data Analytics at Humana Studio_h
The Cyber Security Operations Center supports Humana's value proposition by providing strategic cyber defensive guidance and support for EIP, IT and business clients. As a Director of Cyber Data Analytics, you will be at the forefront of ongoing cyber objectives of being proactive and predictive in cyber threats and defending Humana by leading and developing use case driven advanced data and analytics capabilities to continually learn about our customer, systems and changing threat landscape and to create threat based insights, and accelerate data-driven decision making to better respond to cyber threats. You must be capable and excited about building and developing high performing teams, but enjoy getting your hands dirty and doing the work. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new cyber related analytics strategies and the tenacity to get the job done. To achieve results this will require the direct partnership and ability to influence multiple levels and areas of the organization. Candidate will assist on multiple EIP owned initiatives which will encompass providing direct influence to multiple project team members, vendor evaluations and implementation of new technologies.
- Create and implement data science and cyber analytics roadmap for Humana, setting the vision for and defining what success looks like through use case driven cyber threat insights and trends.
- Define foundational platform capabilities and data ingestion strategies to build end-to-end analytics and security data lake/warehouse.
- Execute and implement stable analytics platform.
- Lead data science and analytics initiatives from source discovery, to ingestion, refinement, modeling and most importantly to use case driven insights.
- Discover behavioral insights from various data sources ranging from infrastructure/network systems, applications and user interactions to develop and detect behavioral anomalies and opportunities to proactively address cyber risks
- Develop models and quantitative solutions to solve a broad spectrum of challenges across the cyber landscape by using established and industry recognized threat framework (e.g. MITRE ATT&CK)
- Be the champion of how data will be captured, shared and communicated internally with teams while ensuring reliability, comprehensiveness and availability of data
- Manage and balance the need while ensuring laser focused approach in delivering initiatives within allocated budget and relationships
- Be the internal facing lead for data and cyber insights, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions with data
- Partner with Cyber Threat Intelligence and Threat Management Operations to understand cyber trends, risks and highlight improvements and opportunities
- Identify and perform due diligence of new analytics technologies that can be used to enhance capabilities and examining best practices
- Educational background (Bachelor or Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Mathematics, analytics with 5-8 years of technical and management experience
- Strong data science experience and expertise
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage and lead teams; ability to create an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving a coach, mentor and technical advisor
- Self-starter who is able to be hands-on and can analyze, interpret and derive insights into business reports, analytic models, and data sources
- Strong communication, presentation & visualization skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to an unfamiliar audience
- Unrelenting desire to solve problems and ability to prove hypothesis or belief while being aware of biases
- Appreciation for start-up environments that thrive on creativity, collaboration, teamwork and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Working knowledge of big data and analytics environments and competency in major analytics software packages and programming environments (e.g. Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic Stack, Azure ML, Python etc.)
- Working knowledge of database technologies, including Oracle, MS SQL / NoSQL platforms, and visualization applications such as Power BI etc.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction. Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in project management methodologies, including leading practices around testing
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of project sponsors and key stakeholders
- Preferred IT Industry Data Analytics Certifications
- Experience analyzing application and network based attacks (firewall logs, network security tools).
- Analytics experience using Microsoft Azure and/or GCP native or supported cloud based analytics systems
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Cyber Security Operations