Director - Business Process Improvement at Nuance
Nuance is looking to hire a Six Sigma Certified Director of Business Process Improvement to join our growing Healthcare division. This process improvement thought leader will report to the Sr. Director of Operations for our Dragon Ambient Experience (DAX) platform. Our rapidly growing DAX solution is an industry leading ambient technology that is revolutionizing how medical professionals interact with their patients and healthcare systems.
Our Director will be responsible for establishing improved work standards and driving scalability across our DAX platform. They will drive the planning, standardizing, and directing of business process improvement and identify waste elimination activities. They will be key in ensuring business continuity and operational excellence within facilities and in other operational functional areas. As a critical member of our team, they will help rewrite the future of the DAX user experience.
This Director level role will not formally manage a team, but will lead and mentor others in our Healthcare organization providing strategic direction and subject matter expertise in our continual process improvement. This role is able to work 100% remote and we are considering qualified candidates to work from any location within the US.
- Leads teams through the identification of critical process inputs & outputs and specifications development.
- Collaborates with multiple layers of employees to ensure correct project, scope, and resource allocation to enable planning and execution for a hyper scalable business model.
- Identifies waste in all areas including workforce management, technology, and processes.
- Gather and analyze data to identify trends and patterns. Make recommendations to reduce workload and improve productivity for partner teams. Supervise and track results of recommendations.
- Acts as a leadership change agent to constructively challenge current thinking/resistance.
- Develops strategic recommendations to support initiatives, requirements, and sustainment of improvement work.
- Leverage operations wide KPI’s, integrating data in decision making and prioritization of projects
- Document and streamline end-to-end processes across the company, identifying controls (including Key Controls) that enable lowering costs, optimizing quality & quantity, and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Facilitates brainstorming sessions, workshops, problem-solving sessions, and process mapping exercises to bring alignment, extract knowledge and improve performance.
- Analyze for potential risks in staffing levels and develop/implement plans to aid the operation in mitigating the risks as needed.
- Produces project status reports for executive Stakeholders and ensures on-time in scope delivery of proposed solutions.
- Utilize system reporting tools in analyzing current business processes and supporting continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or another relevant field.
- Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt leading large-scale cross-functional project teams across multiple industries.
- 10+ years' experience in facilitating and leading improvement projects - specifically having some workforce management experience.
- Proven ability to conceive and develop strategic plans and influence others to execute those plans.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Expert level project management and program oversight experience.
- Experience in leveraging best practices in as many of the following fields/disciplines: DMAIC, DMADV, Theory of constraints, Lean, Applied Statistics, Kaizen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and articulate key presentations to a broad range of individuals including key executives.
- Ability to identify and prioritize key customer issues to be addressed by projects and products.
- Thorough ability to recognize implications of business plans and decisions.
- Strong working knowledge of various software and spreadsheet applications used in process mapping, process design/redesign, workflow management, business intelligence and data visualization. (Minitab and Tableau experience-ideally being able to educate others).
- Superior teamwork skills, both as a leader and a team member, combined with a track record of success. Strong people leadership skills both in direct reporting relationship and matrix-based leadership.
- Effective change management skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and high level of accountability.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.