Developer Advocate, AI API at DataRobot
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:00 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
DataRobot is a leading innovator in Machine Intelligence, bringing AI that you can trust to some of the world’s most prominent enterprises in finance, insurance, and manufacturing. We are a well-funded and fast growing company that is also focused on personal growth and fostering a world-class culture.About the Role:We are taking a new and ambitious step from serving large enterprise customers and moving on to offering our products for the wider developer community. You will be instrumental in creating and executing a brand new, world class developer program, and help us wow and inspire developers with possibilities of using our machine intelligence APIs. Our primary goals for the first year will be raising awareness of DataRobot and driving adoption of our products among the developer communities, ensuring they are successful, and at the same time helping the Product teams act on developers’ feedback.As developer advocate you will be the face of the company within developer communities, as well as the advocate for developer communities to internal stakeholders and teams
- You are likely to find yourself building sample projects, write blog posts, produce videos and represent the company at various events across the US and EMEA - from conferences and meetups, to online events, and in communities.
- You will be located either in one of our US hubs (Denver, Boston, Columbus) or work remotely in the US
- The role reports to the GTM lead for our developer initiative, and works closely with other developer advocates, product manager, and the Community team.
- Software development experience in 2 or more programming languages like Python, Ruby, Java, C#, PHP, Go, C/C++, ...
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills (with examples)
- Friendly, approachable attitude, lots of empathy
- Experience public speaking and presenting
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Experience working in a developer relations or similar role desired, but not required
- Existing connections in various developer communities
- Experience doing programming live streams, or webinars
- Experience running meetups and hosting conferences
- Popular projects on GitHub, and/or high score on StackOverflow
- Fluency in natural languages other than English
- Get familiar with the product, the company mission and vision, various teams and individual stakeholders, and what we’re building for developers
- Suggested new activities, events, and strategies to try with our developer program\
- Become an expert in modern ML methodologies and techniques, and our products, and able to explain the concepts in an approachable way to audiences of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- Prepared and published some developer content - either a blog, workshop, tech talk, webinar, or a demo project showing DataRobot’s use-cases.
- Represented the company at an offline event, such as a meetup or conference.
- Designed and run a month-long, global developer hackathon using DataRobot APIs
- Run a series of local user groups or meetups across the US
- Helped position DataRobot as the name in Machine Intelligence among the US developer community
- Helped craft a world class developer experience and learning process
Read Full Job Description