We are looking for experienced and motivated Database Architect to join our team in Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, or Dania Beach, FL. Our team supports hundreds of relational and non-relational transactional and analytical databases hosted on-premises and in the Cloud.
As the member of the Database Services team, you will work with multiple database, Cloud and automation technologies. You will collaborate with business users, and help developers with data-tier architecture, performance tuning, and database design and development.
We expect you to have experience working as both, Infrastructure and Developer DBA, be proficient with automation, and have expert-level knowledge of at least one database technology in our portfolio. We are looking for individuals who are eager to learn and work in fast paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Work as the member of cross-platform Database Services team
- Lead data tier architecture and design processes, participate in system and application architecture
- Help with performance tuning and help with database development of performance-critical code
- Architect and implement HA/DR/Backup/Maintenance strategies in the company
- Collaborate with development and business teams
- Be responsible for meeting various SLAs for multiple database platforms used in the company
- Troubleshoot and address various issues in the systems
- Learn other database platforms and technologies
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience working with database technologies
- Experience working with at least two, and expert-level knowledge of at least one database technologies in our portfolio: Postgres, SQL Server, Vertica, Snowflake, DynamoDB, MongoDB, DocumentDB.
- Understanding of various relational and non-relational database technologies along with their benefits, downsides and best use-case.
- Willingness and commitment to learn other database, automation and Cloud technologies
- Proficiency in automation
- Experience in Agile development methodology & Agile development tools
- Experience working with the databases in public Clouds, preferably AWS.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform system monitoring and address various issues in the system
- Ability to do performance tuning and database development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Software development experience and knowledge of modern software development processes
- Experience working with ETL and replication tools
- Knowledge of Terraform, Ansible and Python
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services
- E-commerce, Retail, Supply Chain functional knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or related fields
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]