Data Warehouse Engineer III at Chewy
The Chewy Product Customer Analytics team is seeking an experienced Data Engineer III in Boston, MA. Are you passionate about using data to build best-in-class digital customer experiences? Do you love designing and building systems that can process, transform, store, and visualize huge volumes of data? At Chewy, we are obsessed with pets and meeting the needs of pet parents. In this role, you’ll build data analytics solutions to measure success of our businesses and programs, help us understand the needs of pet parents, and accelerate data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate is a full-stack data engineer with an extensive background in web event processing, data warehousing, scheduling/orchestration, and visualization. They effectively work backwards from the customer (both external and internal) and build scalable and durable solutions. They are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and complexity and can contribute to and lead cross-functional projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Build systems and processes that facilitate access to high quality and timely product and customer insights.
- Collect, process, and orchestrate data from disparate sources of varying levels of complexity and quality.
- Build instrumentation for key customer events across Chewy customer experiences.
- Measure and enforce org-wide standards around data quality, completeness, and consistency.
- Build, deploy, and maintain data warehouse environments used across the company.
- Develop new tools, automation, and drive adoption across multiple teams.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related technical field or equivalent work experiences. Master’s Degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- 5+ years experience in data engineering or equivalent space (e.g., building data pipelines, data warehousing, data visualization, querying and scripting languages, etc.).
- Proficient in SQL, Python/Spark, and cloud-based data warehousing technologies.
- Ability to abstract complex subjects and communicate with audiences of varying levels of leadership and technical background.
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]