Data Visualization Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Data Visualization Analyst will own and scale our Business Intelligence platform. From designing efficient data models to optimizing Looker resource usage, this person will be the go-to resource for data visualization best practices on the BI team. The ideal candidate has high standards for their work, and for that of their peers. They should demonstrate a practical expertise in building enterprise solutions at scale, identifying opportunities to improve user experience, and pushing the envelope of data visualization.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Own Looker’s LookML implementation by creating coding standards and best practices. These standards will be taught and enforced using documentation, collaboration, training and PR reviews.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand their BI and data needs, and ensure those needs are met by our BI platform.
- Advise the data engineering team on how their data models are best designed for consumption in Looker.
- Train Looker users within the org by developing best practices for data modelling, writing documentation and promoting the use of these practices by other members of the data team
- Ensure that data privacy and compliance standards are strictly maintained by users who interact and consume data in Looker.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, and/or Data Engineering roles, with strong experience developing in LookML. You have a deep understanding of the Looker platform.
- Proficiency in SQL. You can interpret and optimize queries written by other analysts and engineers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment and comfortable operating under ambiguity. You are up to the challenge of designing standards and best practices from the ground up.
- Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience); such as mathematics, economics/finance, computer science, or physical science.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Experience with Python, Liquid, and/or HTML is a plus
- Experience in cloud-based data warehouses, specifically Snowflake.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.