Data Scientist at EverQuote
EverQuote is seeking a Data Scientist to join our growing team!
As a member of the Data Science team, you will work cross functionally to convert business problems into business solutions using Data and Math, leveraging your knowledge of Machine Learning, business sense, and programming.
What You'll Do:
- Identify, design, build, and operationalize Machine Learning based solutions to business problems
- Build your own prototypes for potential data products(e.g.predictive supervised ML models, reinforcement learning systems, anomaly detection products)and work in tandem with our ML Engineering team to productionize them
- Train stakeholders on newly developed data products, ensuring these completed solutions can be fully owned by stakeholders for daily operations and first level issue debug.
- Help analysts within the organization improve their ability to look at data and derive insights from it
- 3+ years experience in a Data Science or Analytics role
- Algorithm development skills (Prediction, Experimental Design, with a bonus for Reinforcement Learningand Time Seriesmethods) in a common language used for Data Science (e.g. Python, R, etc)
- A strong statistical foundation, and comfortable with concepts like significance, bias, etc
- A strong ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and gain stakeholder buy-in on data products•The ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Analytics, and non-technical teams
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and project manage your own efforts, including task sizing and communication on progress
- A continuous desire to be learning
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.