Data Scientist at Jobcase, Inc.
One of the Boston area's fastest growing technology companies, Jobcase is the only social media site dedicated to empowering the world’s workforce. Jobcase is a social media platform that connects our 100 million+ members to each other and potential employers.
Data Scientists at Jobcase tackle a broad range of analytical problems, including recommender system optimization, user segmentation modeling, lifetime value forecasting, and topic modeling. They collaborate with colleagues throughout Jobcase, from database marketing and sales, to engineering and product management. They combine technical proficiency with business savvy to translate business problems into production-ready code.
What you’ll be doing here
- Work on a wide variety of problems in customer behavior modeling, content acquisition, value forecasting, and email and web experience optimization
- Translate business objectives into actionable technical tasks
- Iterate rapidly to select from a wide field of possibilities, while ensuring that conclusions are statistically significant and supported by sufficient data
- Build tools, pipelines, and dashboards to support insight and optimization
- Use a combination of SQL, R, and your own code to create analyses and models
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and software engineers to implement new tests, tracking, and features on the Jobcase family of sites
- Employ your creativity to find unconventional solutions and identify new opportunities
About you and your skills
- 2+ years of experience with data cleaning, model fitting, prediction, and interpretation using common statistical toolkits or libraries
- Experience with R, Python, SQL
- Clear communication skills
- Experience with web technologies and consumer behavior is a plus
- Affiliated partner of MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, CSAIL
- 100% medical and dental coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Gym membership
- Boston Business Journal Best Place to Work every year since our launch in 2015