Greater Boston Area
Get in on the ground floor at one of Boston's top startups and help us solve a huge challenge for developers and product teams - understanding customer experience. LogRocket is the first system that gives these teams complete visibility into their customer's experience using their web apps - through pixel-perfect replays of user sessions and clear insight into logs, errors and network activity. We've already attracted an elite roster of customers (such as Reddit, Bloomberg, and NBC) and recently raised a $15M Series B to continue building a world-class product and team.
If you’d like to join in on our mission of making every experience on the web as perfect as possible, while taking on massive ownership over your work and helping scale LogRocket to be a pillar in the Boston tech community - we’d love to speak with you!
About the Role
We’re looking to bring aboard our first Data Scientist to develop next generation features into the LogRocket platform. LogRocket currently tracks millions of events across our customers’ web applications to ensure product teams can quickly identify and squash any bugs or errors that arise. We now want to leverage that data to uncover new aspects of user experiences and provide proactive, actionable insights to our partners to ensure they are building the best experience possible for their users. You will have millions of data points to explore and play around with on a daily basis, all while building the foundation for LogRocket’s Data Science team and function for years to come.
- Own the analysis, modeling, system design, and development of LogRocket’s initial data science products
- Build the data science elements of LogRocket’s products that will help improve the user experience for thousands of web applications
- Initiate the design, development, and implementation of scientific analysis projects or deliverables
- Work directly with product and engineering leadership to help drive the design and architecture of the product
- Help promote broader analytics initiatives across the organization
- Brainstorm and test new data product ideas with the product organization
- Work with fellow engineers to build out other parts of the infrastructure, effectively communicating your needs and understanding theirs.
- Meet with external customers to gain an understanding of their business and how LogRocket can provide data-driven solutions to their challenges
- Build intelligence into our services to make them run smarter
- 5+ years of practical experience with a BS or MS or PhD in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning pipelines in production environments
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Scala, or Python
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, etc.
- Proven ability to perform statistical analysis and experience with tools such as SAS, R, or equivalent
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Experience presenting insights to executives and non-technical audiences around product analytics data
- Keep up to date with cutting-edge machine learning/ big data methods and techniques
- Can thrive in team environments; using agile methodology and interacting with Product Leaders, Scientists and Engineers to solve technology’s greatest challenges
- Learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together every day in our airy downtown Boston office, learning more about each other at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description