Data Scientist at Localytics
Localytics is a digital engagement platform for many of the world's top digital brands including ESPN, The New York Times, Macy’s, Bath & Body Works, Live Nation, and The Weather Channel. Our customers use our platform to understand customer engagement across mobile and web experiences and to drive personalized connections through a variety of engagement options - Push Messaging (Mobile and Web), InApp, InBox and Geo Location - and individualized in-app experiences. With a suite of predictive analytics and digital intelligence features, our platform scales to provide the tools and services that allow marketers and business users to turn insights into action effectively. We value excellent software design, collaborative development, and rapid iteration.
A Data Scientist at Localytics will help build new product capabilities with focus on operationalizing predictive analytics that help drive brand engagement. Everyday we process billions of data points across mobile, web experiences, and other sources to help inform and execute marketing campaigns. We send hundreds of millions of messages a day and our customers rely on us to make sure those messages are relevant and engaging.
Now with access to years worth of multidimensional consumer interactions across platforms, our customers have the potential to create meaningful connections with consumers based on individual actions and preferences. Our mission is to offer the intelligence, tools, and workflows that allow our customers to reach the right audience with the right message at the right time. This is an amazing opportunity to join us at the early stages of our predictive analytics mission and to be a key driver in how we go about this mission.
What You'll Do
- Explore data to understand how customers interact with brands, what messages and motivators inspire action, and when customers are most likely to engage.
- Develop algorithms, data modeling framework, and approaches that support the digital intelligence features on our roadmap.
- Find opportunities for product and process optimization based on analytic results
- Work with engineers to develop and deploy machine learning models
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and prioritize features and experiments
- Talk to customers to identify opportunities to build new digital intelligence capabilities at scale
- Design, analyze, test and validate analytic approaches
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python Pandas and NumPy, etc.) to manipulate data
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and has a POV on their use/implementation.
- Expert SQL skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and track record of developing novel approaches to solving business problems analytically
- Experience analyzing large datasets (multiple petabytes)