Data Scientist at Soofa
Soofa is a seed-stage, leading IoT startup who is revolutionizing the way we communicate in cities. We develop technology like the Soofa Sign to help people take the pulse of their city and connect with each other in real time.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help build our urban analytics platform, work with our many technologies, and deliver superlative products to customers.
At Soofa, we enable city dwellers to co-create a thriving community. Join us!
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Incorporate your findings into Soofa’s core products, working with the entire team from the whiteboard stage through to deployment.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Deliver insights to both the company and our customers.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the data science space
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with analysis languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with graphing tools (R, D3.js, etc.)
- Experience with different databases (Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Sterling knowledge of math and statistics
- Self-starter: able to work well with a team and take ownership of projects
- Great communicator: strong writing and information synthesis skills
- Lover of tinkering and building awesome things
- Very organized with effective time management skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience with analytics tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)