As a Data Scientist, your work will be central to meeting Circle’s goal of becoming the premier platform for tokenizing, investing in and trading of crypto assets. As a part of your job you will design and implement machine learning algorithms that significantly impact results and decision making for risk, compliance, marketing and trading functions at Circle. Your work will also help improve customer experience across a range of products offered by Circle.
What you'll work on
- Partner with product and operations teams to identify, prioritize and answer risk analytics needs
- Create and manage machine-learned predictive risk models that guide our fraud prevention and compliance defenses
- Drive analytics projects across Circle teams, from planning and data collection to presentation and decision support
- Partner with engineers to ensure that data is appropriately identified, recorded, transformed, and furnished for consumption
- Become an expert on data sources and flows at Circle, including Bitcoin blockchain analysis
- Understand payments risk needs and lead projects to address them
- Lead the company in best practices for data and analytics. Communicate insights to company management with high-quality presentations
- Evangelize the power of analytics to improve our business and operations
What you'll bring to Circle
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Business Analytics or a related field plus 2 years of experience
- In lieu of a master’s degree, employer will accept a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or a related field, plus 5 years of experience. Also requires the following: 1 year of professional experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expertise with one or more of the following analytics tools: Pandas / SciPy, R, SAS as demonstrated through at least 1 year of employment experience
- 2 years of professional experience with a scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- 2 years of professional experience with common software development flows and tools (e.g. Unix / command line, git)
- Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach as gained through any amount of employment experience or Master's degree coursework
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.