Data Scientist, Marketing at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to join our Data Science & Analytics group to focus on models for customer attribution. You will contribute tremendous value to our business by providing helping us figure out how to attribute customers to our various acquisition channels, including SEM (Search Engine Marketing), Display, YouTube, and other performance platforms. You’ll uncover insights that inform budget decisions and acquisition strategies, leading to customer and revenue growth for the entire company.What you’ll do:
- Understand the differences between various attribution models.
- Design, implement, and deploy machine learning models to solve real attribution business problems.
- Problem solve: even when problems are ambiguously defined and roadblocks arise, you find creative ways to arrive at usable solutions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the machine learning components of the core Pythonic technology platform as a primary individual contributor.
- Support customer-facing teams with reports, analyses, insights and actionable information.
- Have hands-on experience analyzing data in digital e-commerce, marketplace, or other web-based technology businesses.
- Have excellent experience using SQL.
- Have Python experience in a production environment, as well as with Jupyter notebooks.
- Have experience building out machine learning models, e.g. logistic regression, random forests, boosted trees.
- Have worked with cross functional product teams (designers, engineers, product managers).
- Are able to explain complex analyses and translate complex conclusions into straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Thrive on juggling multiple projects – and tying them together. You’ll be most successful when you’ve understood the interplay of all our parts.
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.