Data Scientist, Growth at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
After growing revenue 112% in 2020 despite the pandemic, we’re gearing up for hyper-growth in 2021. Paid marketing is going to be one of the biggest levers for that growth, so we’re looking for a passionate and motivated Data Scientist to help us acquire and convert millions of users.
You might be a great fit for our team if you’re a self-starter who’s passionate about exploring the intersection of real business problems with huge (and often messy) data sets. You will have a visible and direct impact on our bottom line and play a central role in executing on Hopper’s growth strategy.
Specific challenges include building models to optimize the allocation of millions of dollars in monthly user acquisition spend, building LTV models to predict user value with limited signals, and predicting retention and growth impacts of acquisition and re-engagement projects we take on.
- Build LTV prediction and spend allocation models to help allocate millions of dollars in monthly marketing spend
- Have ownership of the full data science lifecycle, including partnering with product, engineering and business teams to help grow Hopper
- Create advanced dashboards for product experiment tracking and business unit performance analysis using Amplitude, Tableau and BigQuery/Google sheets
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
- 3+ years of data science experience
- Experience working on Growth or User Acquisition team
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Pandas, Python & R or other tools appropriate for large scale data preparation and analysis
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Experience with business reporting tools such as Tableau, Amplitude
- Comfortable collaborating with engineering to identify and own data science implementations in production
- Strong ability to communicate models and insights to stakeholders
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description