Data Scientist -Cognitive/Machine Learning Professional 2-2 at Humana Studio_h
The Cognitive/Machine Learning Professional 2 leverages large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights. The Cognitive/Machine Learning Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Cognitive/Machine Learning Professional 2 collaborates with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. Researches and evaluates new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develops and validates statistical forecasting models and tools. Interprets and communicates analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- 1-5 years of professional experience leveraging large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insights
- Experience developing and validating statistical forecasting models and tools
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who is able to work independently in a team environment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related field
- Healthcare or managed care experience
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, QlikView, SQL, PL/SQL, MATLAB or similar statistical tools
- Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics