The Data Science Manager within Provider Payment Integrity uses their amazing leadership skills and improvement process experience to lead a team of six extraordinary associates that are highly skilled located throughout the country. Your dedicated team is focused on helping Humana find new ways to improve current and/or create new processes utilizing data science and machine learning aspects. Humana needs someone with excellent mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology experience and knowledge to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions.
- Utilize process improvement and gap analysis for continuous improvement of Humana’s current telephonic Natural Language Processing (NLP) systems
- Guide and lead a strong technical team in determining, developing, and implementing new processes.
- One of the primary focus of this team is to identify potential Fraud, Waste, and Abuse occurring with Humana
- Continuously staying up to date with industry news and working closely with new and existing vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in data science, analytics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Healthcare data analytics, artificial intelligence and/or data engineering
- Previous direct and/or indirect leadership experience
- Previous SQL, Python, R and/or Splunk experience
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Experience with providing strategic advice and guidance to functional teams
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics
- Successful demonstrated experience in working with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
- Master's Degree
- Prior Experience with identifying Fraud, Waste, and Abuse with healthcare
- Previous management experience
- This position may require up to 10% overnight travel depending on business needs
- This position has the ability to be work at home nationwide but for those located outside of the Louisville, KY area travel would increase over 10%
- Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO