Data Science Manager at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 7,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
PI is looking for a high-energy, entrepreneurial, take-charge Data Science Manager to help us innovate our behavioral science, build intelligent products, and ultimately make data science a core strength of our business. In this role, you will be to work hand-in-hand with PI’s Science, Product, and Engineering teams to revolutionize how we build an advanced talent optimization platform. This will include helping define our overall data strategy, creating predictive models, developing recommendation systems, and applying NLP to make sense of our data. As a member of PI’s Science Team, the new hire will be part of a multidisciplinary team of experts who focus on people analytics, psychometrics, and the workforce sciences. The best fit is more than strong data science skills. It is someone who has a genuine passion for the science of talent optimization and wants to build expertise in areas such as human behavior and personality in the workplace, industrial & organizational psychology, the employee experience, team performance, and more. The ideal candidate will have the right balance of technical skills, leadership ability, creative spirit, and energy. Success will be about taking action and making things happen. We hope to hear from you soon!
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Working in close collaboration with PI colleagues to build great science and products.
- Managing, maintaining, and improving existing machine learning tools.
- Providing expertise into the development of PI’s product data strategy, including advising on database design, identifying new data sources, and enhancing data collection procedures.
- Organizing and cleaning data, conducting statistical analyses, and presenting results to stakeholders.
- Leading data science experiments, including experiments to identify, improve, and validate models for use in production.
- Planning, programming, and launching new machine learning tools/models into production software, including prediction, recommendation, classification, and NLP models.
- Participating in core science projects, including building new assessments, running validation studies, and/or other science priorities.
- Assisting various PI business functions (e.g., client operations, sales, marketing, etc.) to solve problems using advanced data science skills.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of applying data science to solve real-world problems, improve products, and innovate business process.
- Strong experience with common data science tools such as TensorFlow, Azure Machine Learning Studio, Weka, Matlab, Torch, CNTK, or others.
- Fluency in key programming languages including Python, SQL, and R.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning & natural language processing techniques and algorithms such as K-NN, SVM, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Naive Bayes, and neural networks.
- Strong applied statistics skills including statistical testing, regression, data visualizations, and results presentation.
- Experience with DOMO, Salesforce, or other enterprise software.
- Knowledge or expertise in the behavioral sciences, including psychology, organizational behavior, or consumer psychology/behavioral economics.
- A flexible mindset that can adapt to changing work priorities, challenges, and timelines.
- An inclination for action and innovation, since you will be creating things that don’t exist yet.
- A sense of humor and good-natured style, so you can build strong collaborative relationships with your PI team.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.