Data Quality Analyst
Meet CarGurus—the #1 most visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Data Quality Analyst to assist in overall day-to-day responsibilities and various special projects that will impact the overall efficiency of the Data Integrity team. As the scope of Data Integrity’s functionality develops, we need a highly motivated Vehicle Ontology Specialist to maintain the ever-expanding list of makes, models, trims, and options on our site. You’ll also learn a little bit about data analysis and craft visualizations to support your findings.
This is an entry-level position. No prior car or auto industry knowledge necessary.
What You’ll Do:
- Curate our growing database of international vehicle makes/models/trims
- Normalize third-party data and establish site-wide standards
- Expand our vehicle ontology dataset to include car specifications and market information
- Investigate vehicle data inconsistencies across all of our sites
- Coordinate with our Emerging Product team to set vehicle data standards on new products
- Assist our in-house Support team with user support inquiries
- Field questions and requests from dealer account managers regarding inventory
- Gain exposure to database maintenance and data analysis
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Able to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Observant, with a keen eye for detail
- Familiar with following and adapting style guides
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to learning and using new skills in data analysis
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.