Data Integration Specialist at Ellevation Education
Within 1 month, you will:
- Gain familiarity and knowledge of Ellevation, its team structure, and product/services
- Know our mission, values, and product offerings
- Know teams and high-level responsibilities of reach
- Learn about our platform and have familiarity with our product offerings
- Setup and familiarize yourself with our internal tools and communication norms (Slack, GSuite, Jira/Wiki)
- Attend Partner Success & Support team overviews and partner calls to further understand who Data Integration collaborates with on a daily basis and how we provide service to our parnters
- Set up a development environment on your computer to execute all Data Integration tasks (Python, SQL, Git)
- Start to become familiar with addressing Data Integration data processing and imports (Students, Schedules, Staff, Tests, Grade files)
- Review and practice Python code development
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop familiarity with our data model and be able to navigate our database and locate key tables relevant to tasks
- Develop proficiency in importing various data types, including standardized tests
- Take on automate tasks like learning how to commit code and automation set up processes
- Familiarize with and begin contributing to team projects
- Begin facilitating partner calls, including data onboarding and troubleshooting
- Start to take on responsibility for customers within a given region
- Take on more technical team project work
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work independently within your region
- Troubleshoot data issues independently
- Maintain service-level agreement on your assigned work
Within 12 months, you will:
- Act as a subject matter expert for your region
- Continue to develop your technical skills
- Maintain a high level of data fidelity in your region
- Collaborate on new projects and initiatives
- Work to improve our processes and code libraries
- Automate manual tasks
- 1-3 years experience working with many heterogeneous datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers and platforms.
- Understanding complex data and translating issues into non-technical terms. You have a knack for problem solving complex data discrepancies.
- Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service orientation, and an understanding of the important of meeting customer needs and maintaining strong customer satisfaction. Able to translate customer requests into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated success and effectiveness working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and time-critical work environment.
- Collaborates well with others, and is not afraid to ask for help when needed.
- Self starter/learner that is comfortable with ambiguity and bringing order to chaos.
- Proficiency with Python (Pandas Library or other scripting languages such as R) with basic understanding of coding/programming logic
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel or Google Sheets
- Familiarity with SQL and RDBMS concepts (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience implementing prevention and detection controls to ensure data integrity
- Statistics/data-study based experience
- Working with, extending and defining data interchange standards and best practices
- Experience with SFTP, FTPS and other file transfer protocols
- Bonus: SIS/K-12 student data/Ed-Fi experience