Data Engineer at MassMutual
MassMutual is launching a new investment platform that will include a closed end fund, a registered investment advisor and a fintech business that connects private equity funds and their portfolio companies with limited partners and retail investors (‘OpenAlternatives’). This platform will launch two stand-alone businesses within MassMutual’s Investment Management Division, and we are looking to hire an experienced professional to create and lead the data management infrastructure for the fintech business.
Based in Boston this is the perfect opportunity for someone to manage all aspects data capture and management in an entrepreneurial startup environment.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As the Data Manager you’ll have an opportunity to play a key role in launching the fintech business with a small team of motivated specialists. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, and a strong business acumen. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
- Design, develop, and maintain data management infrastructure and pipelines to facilitate and support data collection from source systems, data analysis and modeling, and production reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance in identifying and defining data requirements
- Build processes for data protection, system security, and quality assurance
- Protect sensitive digital information
- Manage digital assets and content
- Plan and implement appropriate use policies for employees
- Develop data protection and privacy policies, along with best practice guidelines for data management
- Develop standard operating procedures for data management, and archiving
- Maintain data management plans and operations playbooks for complex business systems and supporting architectures
- Provide technical oversight for integrating new technology or new initiatives into data standards and structures
- Design and develop databases that are compatible with end user needs
- Evaluate the design, selection, implementation and support of database changes using associated business requirements and design documents
- Maintain internal data asset library
- Train junior data managers when needed
- Assist in setting milestones and timelines
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of all datasets
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering , Information Technology, or related field required
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant data management or analysis experience, preferably with a regulated financial institution
- Demonstrated experience with modern data architectures, including cloud computing, development of production data pipelines, Linux configurations, SQL databases, Perl, Python and other related applications
- Familiarity with financial data analysis preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to extrapolate conclusions from large data sets
- Demonstrated commercial mind-set