With the continued impact of COVID-19 and social distancing measures, Kensho is conducting all interviews and on-boarding activities remotely. At the present time, all employees are working remotely, until further notice. When the time comes to open our offices, Kensho will fully support those employees who would like to continue working remotely and not force anyone to return to the office.
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
The Data Engineering Team is responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining all of Kensho’s data ingestion, processing, and storage solutions. As a Data Engineer, you and the team will work with stakeholders across Kensho and S&P to map the data landscape, triage data requirements, design and implement a comprehensive data strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, maintain and use systems to do the following:
- Ingest data from diverse: Sources (open source, Kensho derived, S&P, commercial), Technologies (S3, databases, Kafka clusters, etc), Modes (batch, real-time, one-time), Types (structured, semi-structured, unstructured)
- Process data to: Support machine learning models, services, and statistical analysis; develop and curate databases, knowledge bases, and data lakes; clean, integrate, or fuse related datasets; support Kensho product prototyping and development
- Provide data storage options tailored to requirements for: Scalability, structure, cost efficiency, and availability; Data formats and forms (raw, in-process, or curated); Compression, encryption (at rest, in transit), and access controls (LDAP/Active Directory, etc)
- Comply, enhance, and support data governance with respect to: Policy enforcement: authentication, authorization, purging/retention; Accounting: auditing, risk & compliance, usage; Data Protection: replication, InfoSec
- Establish and monitor data integrity and value by: Conducting rigorous unit, integration, and systems testing; Providing data visualization, profiling, and performance monitoring tools; Managing metadata to preserve lineage, provenance, versioning
What You'll Need:
- Experience with various data-store technologies, distributed messaging platforms, or data processing framework
- Experience designing, architecting and building reliable data pipelines
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets
- Practical knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Effective coding, documentation, and communication habits
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience integrating/fusing data from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques, frameworks, and best practices
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Collaborating with machine learning and product teams to building the right solutions for them
Benefits & Perks:
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
Unlimited Paid Time Off
18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
Bike sharing program memberships
Compassion leave and elder care leave
Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.