Data Engineer at Unity Technologies
Vivox provides communication services for a broad spectrum of online games, engaging tens of millions of users throughout each day. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Team to assist in the collection and reporting on all data we collect, including usage and behavioral metrics of our service, and service performance. This will be used to inform direction on product improvements and to help inform our creators on how their users are engaging, and could engage with our services. The Data Team is in the formative stages, so this is an opportunity to help set the pace and tone, while learning more about how our services and business works, and helping us change for the better. We collect a lot of data, and want help in learning more about what it can tell us.
Local presence is not required - some initial one on one time with the East Coast is expected, but video conferencing is the mode of the day.
- Participate in designing and maintaining data pools
- Develop new products and services using the data we collect
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of data aggregation
- Work with multiple engineering and business groups on data collection practices and data analysis needs
- Proven experience in building stable and scalable production services
- Working knowledge of noSQL data stores and related querying languages, such as lucene, elasticsearch or mongodb, or time series data stores
- Working knowledge of regular expressions
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Efficient communication skills in translating graphs and tables to stories
- Experience in game development or social / communication services
- Working experience in one or more of the following:: Python, C/C++, Erlang, Golang
- Working experience in one or more of the following: ELK stack, TICK stack, BigQuery and related cloud data storage
- A drive for data integrity and looking for patterns and trends in data
- An ability to accept confirmed data as it is, and to learn what it may be trying to tell us
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.