Who you are:
As a Data Engineer at Hometap, you’ll be the crucial glue that makes a whole new category possible. We need people who are excited about building the architecture and infrastructure for processing the data that powers the business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Organize, clean and analyze raw data sets to continually test hypotheses.
- Plan, organize and build infrastructure that supports the dynamic environment of a young company.
- Create and maintain ETLs to and from a variety of sources and destinations. Familiarity or interest in tools in the space of Spark, Dask, Hadoop, and/or Airflow, Kafka, Alooma, AWS Data Pipeline is desired.
- Follow best-practice engineering standards, such as architectural design, unit testing and test driven development.
You will have:
- 2+ years of related experience in data engineering.
- Cloud computing infrastructure services.
- Management of relational databases and or no-SQL databases.
- ETL tools
- (preferred) Python ORMs
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or a related field
- A strong understanding of algorithms, statistics, and data interpretation
- Proficiency in Python
- The ability to understand business problems and translate them into data science and data engineering projects.
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.