Greater Boston Area
SmartSense Analytics Team
Targeting August hire
Digi SmartSense deploys Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems to transform how organizations sense, monitor, and make decisions. Our systems help companies measure their world, transmit the metrics to a centralized location, alert when there is something to be concerned about and even predict key events before they happen. Our customers rely on our solutions to help them do what they do better; we need your help to help us do what we do better!
Within SmartSense, members of the Analytics team work with internal and external customers to prototype, evaluate, and transition to operational status new tools and techniques aimed at improving our current monitoring capabilities and developing new analytics products. The Analytics team drives all stages of projects, from identification, ingestion, and cleansing of data to extracting key parameters and modeling real-world systems to building and scaling classifiers and applying various Machine Learning techniques for interpreting data to developing intuitive and effective visualizations and reports.
In this role, you will be involved in the transformation of sensor data and instrumentation into reports and dashboards that allow effective monitoring of the environments being sensed and of the sensors and networks we have deployed. The challenges are as diverse as the potential solutions, and you will have freedom to explore approaches to meeting the challenges coupled with responsibility for delivering effective products. You will become a go-to team member for people inside and outside the Analytics team looking to access and interpret the various data feeds our sensors and systems produce.
We are interested in someone with excellent coding skills and discipline (with specific experience in python), exposure to the underlying concepts of relational and non-relational data stores, and hands-on experience scaling up data analysis. As a foundational member of a rapidly growing team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across a range of Data Engineering, Architecture, and DevOps roles and be constantly challenged to extend your skills and the solutions the Analytics team is able to provide. Someone with a strong software engineering or data engineering background should find this an ideal opportunity to leverage that core set of skills while presenting the opportunity to extend into data analysis, visualization, report generation, and interpretation of business goals into analytics project requirements.
Python (Pandas, SciKit, Plotly), SQL, Git, AWS
BA degree in a technical/quantitative field, exposure to relational and distributed data stores, knowledge of tools and techniques to allow scaling of scripts and experience analyzing time series data, strong coding skills, familiarity with data access, ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, and a proven ability to solve problems and learn quickly. Candidates should have strong technical depth in at least one Data/Software Engineering area (Big Data infrastructure, scaling analytics with Spark and/or MapReduce, Software Implementation of ETL/Algorithms) and bring an eagerness to learn other areas.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL…
· Learn our current infrastructure and how it is configured and controlled
· Contribute to individual projects with functional components that can be readily re-used
· Build relationships with awesome team members across other functional groups
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
· Improve the Analytics team’s ability to stand up prototypes at scale including automated pipelines and frameworks to generate reports on regular schedules, monitor for and alert on outages
· Improve the packaging of new capabilities as a standard set of utilities and tools available for re-use, improving the efficiency with which we can expand the scale of our activities and leverage prior work
· Deliver/contribute to solutions to various business data storage, monitoring, and interpretation challenges for other business groups (e.g. a database for ‘cradle-to-grave’ tracking of devices and sensors)
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL...
· Enable real-time application of analytics processes against our constantly-expanding set of monitored devices
· Improve and standardize the handoff of advanced prototypes to the Engineering organization for release as standard product features
· Help build roadmaps of functionality and perform integrated planning with other business functions to improve our infrastructure, operational performance, and analytics products
· Contribute to growth planning for the Analytics team and recruit new team members
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
· Monitor and evaluate new technologies and build proof-of-concept systems to enhance the analytic team’s abilities and products
· Extend your skills into DevOps, working with the Analytics team to refine development, testing, and delivery processes, taking full advantage of the tools and technologies you introduced
· Train, mentor, and influence your peers
· Contribute to developing our brand as a world-class Analytics team able to consistently deliver products that exceed expectations
Digi is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Read Full Job Description