DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Data Engineer. DraftKings' growth and success is directly related to the quality of our data and our ability to apply analytics to make business decisions. We are investing in building out a world class data analytics platform. The Data Engineer will be at the center of this with responsibility for developing and supporting our data infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Designs and develops systems and processes to transform, consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data
- Develops, maintains and optimizes data pipelines and ETL processes for both streaming and batch to cleanse, integrate and evaluate data across multiple, disparate sources
- Builds analytics and data delivery tools that use the data to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics.
- Designs processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Focuses on performance analysis, optimization and tuning
- Responsible for requirements gathering, internal customer support, and continuous improvement
- Solves problems, prioritizes deliverables and manages technical scope
- Participates in on-call responsibility
What you will need to bring:
- Above all else, you must have a passion for all aspects of business intelligence and data engineering from data warehousing to data delivery to data operations.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, transformations, architectures and data sets.
- Proficient in a variety of data engines – SQL Server, MySQL, Redshift
- Strong understanding of dimensional modelling
- Proficient in SQL (complex queries and procedures), Python
- Proven ability to analyze and solve large unstructured problems to maximize business value
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience working in AWS, big plus
- Experience working with EMR, Spark, a plus
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
At DraftKings, we promote diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.