About the job
Our new Finance Automation team is working closely with financial analysts, application engineers, data scientists and product owners to build an integrated platform for reliably tracking, understanding and growing our business. If you share a passion for building gold-standard process automation and data infrastructure, we’d love to talk to you. As a Data Engineer at Hopper, you will leverage the latest technologies to solve challenging problems that will impact millions of users. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, break down complex problems, and implement robust and scalable solutions.Job being created - Placeholder for
- Experience building ETL pipelines using SQL, Python, Airflow, & Function-as-a-Service offerings like GCP Cloud Function or AWS Lambda
- Experience managing ETL pipeline resources using infrastructure-as-code tools such a Terraform, GCP Deployment Manager, & AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Athena, & Snowflake
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Effective analytical skills
- Design, implement, & operate ETL pipelines using Google Cloud technologies
- Manage ETL pipeline & data warehouse resources with Terraform
- Monitor pipeline operations with Airflow & DataDog
- Implement systems to establish and maintain data quality Experiment with new tools and technologies to improve developer productivity
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description