Greater Boston Area
SessionM is looking to add a Data Architect to support key initiatives with large enterprise level customers. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building complex data processing pipelines and refined data lakes in Big Data ecosystems using S3, Redshift, EMR and other AWS services.
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in Data Warehousing Architecture, SQL and data analysis skills. Knowledge of Redshift, Hive and Spark is a must.
- Design, implement and support in production Enterprise Data Warehouse and ETL procedures and workflows.
- Learn new technologies, improve the existing tools and processes.
- Onboard new customers. Help with the customer specific data needs: ETL integration with 3rd party data sources and data exports. Custom scripts and procedures.
- Develop methodology to address various analytic challenges, covering both internal and client-driven needs.
- Produce and automate the production of necessary reports and analyses.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing requests and demand for insights and be able to present results to non-technical audiences.
- Research new data sources, analytical tools, and methodologies; contribute to new product development, operational delivery, and presentation.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data analytics and data warehousing.
- Prior commercial experience with Big Data AWS services (Spark, Hive and Redshift).
- Must have work experience in processing data and writing ETL jobs. Should understand data modeling and writing complex SQLs, stored procedures, etc.
- Strong diagnostic and insight skills; ability to find trends and patterns in data and explain them clearly.
- Willingness to work and share with other team members and learn new skills.
- Prior object oriented or functional programming language experience.
- Should have experience in deploying code in production system and supporting it.
- Demonstrated results orientation and follow-through.
What we’re offering you
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A management team that empowers people
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare HMO & PPO
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts
Read Full Job Description