Data and Analytics Solutions Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Data and Analytics Solutions Architect.
A Senior Solutions Architect is expected to be knowledgeable in two or more technologies within (a given Solutions/Practice area). The Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert infrastructure architecture, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
As a Data and Analytics Architect, you will participate in all aspects of the Data Platform lifecycle [DLC] including Platform comparison (AWS vs Azure vs GCP), Data Governance, Data Driven Story telling (aka Analytics), Data Strategy, Data Quality, API Integration, and Big Data which includes project prioritization and estimation, data architecture, data governance process, and support of data drive business solutions development. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects, analysts, business users, and developers on building a data strategy that will support short-term and long-term goals.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features
- Compares and contracts the 3 platforms – AWS, Azure, GCP
- Compares and contrasts NOSQL vs SQL vs Data Lake Archetypes and recommends best path forward
- Define key business drivers for the platform initiative for the client
- Define Data Flow Diagram for end to end systems at an enterprise level
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture for Data and Analytics including Data architecture (NOSQL vs SQL vs Data Lake), Dashboards and Data marts, and overall platform API strategy
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for specific use cases driven by client’s business teams
- Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Leads the roadmap and design of the data products and platforms leveraging cloud technologies, modern data design thought, and agile team delivery structures.
- Define the overall data architecture (e.g., ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts Big Data)
- Define technical requirements, technical and data architectures for a variety of data initiatives
- Recommend/select technologies (e.g., PaaS, Database, SaaS, ETL, Data Quality, BI)
- Drives data platform and capability incubation delivery that support strategic platform initiative
- Understands and articulates people, process, technology, and data capabilities for an end to end data platform capability and define a roadmap
- Proficient understanding of diverse application development practices; including both waterfall and agile methodologies
·Recent experience in Data side for a Digital transformation project and able to articulate the value of information in that context
·Must have experience putting MS Powerpoint and come up with presentation templates to executives and line level managers
·Most recent experience in understanding and building Data strategy with strong data management skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization especially with executives.
·At least 15 years of experience in strategy and management consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
·At least 5+ years of most recent experience leading successful implementations of big data, data warehousing, master data management, analytics, data marts and dimensional models as well as a broad background and experience with data modeling, and ETL development
·At least 5 project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) of data management platform architecture, usage, analytics, including AWS, Azure, or GCP platforms
·Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
·Experience in complete project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
·Proven track record of technical leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes (possible LinkedIn references)
·Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
·Master’s/Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
·Experience in leading successful enterprise data management teams
·Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
·Strong team management skills
·Current knowledge of the EIM market; vendors, and standards bodies [DAMA, Kimball Institute…]
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.