Data and AI Governance Delivery Lead
At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Data Science Team, part of Enterprise Technology and Experience, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual – and the industry – forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Governance Delivery Lead to join our Team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate has strong technology program management expertise and multitasking skills with knowledge of data architectures, software development, machine learning and AI. You will use these skills to implement an enterprise program that holistically addresses data and algorithm governance, and enables the delivery of superior customer experiences, trust and loyalty as we embed data, analytics and algorithmic decision making in all aspects of our business.
Objectives of the role
- Bring MassMutual into compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Deliver a principles-driven, adaptive policy framework to inventory, assess, organize, measure, and track MassMutual’s data and algorithmic assets across the enterprise.
- Champion and facilitate adoption of the framework to enable confident innovation across all business channels.
- ·Establish and maintain the program and be responsible for identifying and following trends in the broader global marketplace.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of accountability for execution of programs that support our data and AI governance goals, including regulatory mandates.
- Maintain a strategic roadmap for CCPA compliance and lead multi-workstream delivery.
- Drive and monitor program execution, scope and resource management, risk management, and a robust, multi-audience communications program to ensure transparency, efficient decision making, and predictable delivery.
- Establish and track quantitative measures of progress, value and risks aligned with our data and AI strategic imperatives.
- Collaborate and partner with other leaders across our data science and data engineering teams, business channels, law, compliance and enterprise risk, and information security for best practices and execution.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving data, algorithms and AI governance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Financial services knowledge.
- Knowledge of data architectures, software development, metadata management, and information security tactics.
- Knowledge of methods in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.
- Extensive experience and successful track record establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Authorized to work in the USA with or without sponsorship.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., and J.D.).
- Expertise with the following are considered a strong plus:
- software development/DevOps, financial industry regulations, GDPR, vendor management, and agile methodologies.