At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper was built on the premise that the combination of big data and machine learning could make a difference. At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues? bit.ly/2q6U8dq
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our User Acquisition team as a Data Analyst. You’ll lead our marketing analytics projects around attribution, LTV modelling, ROI analysis, and help uncover insights in our ads and user behavior that allow us to efficiently deploy millions of dollars in ad spend per month. As the first analyst on a rapidly growing team, it’ll be a great opportunity to have a big impact and lots of ownership.
You might be a fit if you’re excited about using your data science skills to help us acquire millions of new users across flights, hotels, and car rentals and help Hopper scale to at least 4X its current user base in 2021.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead analytical projects to support our User Acquisition team. Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to help deploy millions of dollars in ad spend
- Help create robust tracking of our campaigns, by combining data from ad networks, internal databases and analytics tools to build LTV and cohort analysis reports
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts, develop and deliver your tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
- Work with a cross-functional team of marketers, designers and engineers
- Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL
- Experience with marketing analytics concepts like LTV modelling, payback analysis, ROI analysis etc.
- Experience working with growth teams, or running growth projects
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in mobile user acquisition or in the travel industry
- Knowledge of MMPs (AppsFlyer), Amplitude, Tableau
- Experience using Google BigQuery
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)