This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Data Analyst, you will play an important role in harnessing the Company’s data and analytics to provide valuable insight and analysis that will be used to assess the strategic direction of Forward Financing. You will report to the Director of Strategy, Finance & Analytics, and collaborate frequently with the Senior Data Analyst & the rest of the Strategy, Finance & Analytics team.
In this role you will:
- Assist in optimizing all processes related to the Company’s data; this includes the collection, assessment, management, analysis and presentation of data in a way that adds strategic value to the organization
- Develop an expertise in maintaining and navigating the Company’s internal databases (including Salesforce)
- Work within Tableau to develop customized dashboards and visual analysis for key stakeholders
- Work closely with various Departments to identify and outline specific data needs and requirements
- Research and assess potential third-party data sources for the Company to use
- Assist in the Company’s data science efforts
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical Horsepower: Solid quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a complex data-driven business environment
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related fields of study
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, ideally within Data Analysis, FP&A or Accounting
- Ability to present summary data in Excel. Proficiency in Excel including conditional calculations (summations, counting), “IF” statements, creating graphs, V-Look Up / Index Matching
- Experience writing SQL queries required
- Will consider strong candidates that are recent graduates of competitive undergraduate programs focused on related fields of study
- A belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.