Data Analyst (Remote) at Vendr
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:01 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, October 2, 2021
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
Vendr is a product and technology company with a super important service component. Our Customer Success Managers and Buyers are the face of our business to customers and vendor salespeople. It’s critical that they have the right data at their disposal at the right time. The better their information, the better the customer experience, and the more time they can spend ensuring customers and salespeople are incredibly happy working with us. Good data is also how we’re able to negotiate the best possible outcomes on every deal. We also need to understand our business through business intelligence reporting and data analytics, as well as leverage the incredible SaaS market data we gather/generate to better serve our customers and grow/expand our business.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to help us make the best possible use of our data! The intent is for this analyst to own analytics work for a given business unit/department, and also work with the central data engineering team to leverage quality data structures and products and adhere to best practices. We want to build an experienced data team that can quickly iterate on new ideas and can solve problems in sophisticated and maintainable ways. We are striving to make the best choices around tools, technologies, and methodologies so that we can be a lean team that makes outsized business impact.
Please note, our headquarters are located in Boston and Charleston but this role can be remote.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other analysts and engineers to build, serve, and maintain accurate and dependable BI and analytics solutions throughout the business.
- Interface and develop relationships with internal business partners to gather and refine reporting and analytics requirements.
- Care about serving and managing data the right way, while understanding how to make appropriate trade-offs to move quickly.
- Focus on the integrity, reliability, and security of the data we serve throughout the business.
- Keep analytics and reporting environments organized and maintainable.
What we need:
- 1-3+ years of experience in a BI or Analytics function, preferably at a high-growth SaaS start-up; previous work in consulting is ideal
- Proficiency with SQL and some form of BI tool (e.g. Looker, Periscope, Tableau, Metabase, Chartio, PowerBI, Data Studio, etc)
- Exposure to modern, cloud-based data analytics tools, technologies, and methodologies is ideal
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- An ability and excitement to partner with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to help meet their data needs
- Spreadsheet skills are a plus
- Exposure to dbt, Snowflake, Looker is a bonus
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description