Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers.
We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community.
Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Credit Risk Data Analyst will play a major role in executing and expanding the analytics that power the small business lending program at Toast. This person will design and implement the processes and reporting behind existing loan products and new Fin-tech initiatives at the company. With methods ranging from traditional financial models to the latest ML tools, the Credit Risk team works across domains to ensure risk is managed and mitigated for a variety of restaurant lending products. The primary responsibilities of this role include big data analysis for routine and ad-hoc projects, working across a wide range of stakeholders to identify key metrics and goals, and executing on strategic initiatives in the Fin-tech pillar at Toast. The goals of this role are to effectively manage the risk in our loan portfolio, improve existing processes in the digital lending business, and create new processes as we scale to new products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Review financial data to identify and manage risk in our digital lending portfolio
- Work cross-functionally with data-based teams at Toast to ensure adequate access to data sources
- Liaise with Data Science and Engineering to drive automation efforts
- Clean large internal and external datasets and explore with custom visualization methods
- Build and enhance reporting functions with a focus on automation (preferably though Python)
- Create dashboards in Looker and Snowflake to monitor data as required for your role and requested by the team and other stakeholders
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 1-3 years of experience in a data analytics role; Master’s degree a plus
- Fluent in SQL; experience with Snowflake a plus
- Experience using Python and/or R for data analysis and visualization; ML skills are a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau
- Financial analysis and basic modeling skills (NPV, IRR, amortization tables) a plus
- Experience with Spark and/or AWS for cloud computing a plus
- Experience in the financial or technology sectors is a plus
- Data driven, with a passion for efficiency
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances, and understand root causes
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives with minimal oversight
*Bread puns encouraged but not required