Credit Risk Analyst
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join the rapidly growing Toast Capital team and bring a data-driven approach to credit risk management. This individual will work across data science, business intelligence, product, finance and accounting and have direct exposure to senior leadership. The Analyst will develop strategies, dashboards and models to enable real-time visibility into portfolio risk. The Analyst’s work will help all Toast Capital Stakeholder’s to better understand portfolio performance and inform the development strategies and models to extend credit to our trusted restaurant partners while provide results that exceed our investors’ expectations.
This role will require an understanding of small business credit attributes, acquisition funnel dynamics, underwriting strategy and credit performance metrics. This individual will be a self-starter who is able to effectively translate data into actionable recommendations.
What you will do:
- Analyze marketing funnel, funding and credit performance data to develop new insights that lead to improved risk management, profitability, and customer experience outcomes
- Develop and interpret reports to monitor risk strategy performance and recommend adjustments
- Work closely with credit leadership to design tests to measure potential business enhancements, analyze results, and drive adoption based on strategic impact
- Work collaboratively with Product, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Strategic Finance, and Technology teams to develop and implement new risk management capabilities and refine existing ones
- Be an organizational expert on tracking tools; educate and evangelize a data-driven approach throughout the user experience
- Perform ad-hoc data studies based on requirements from management
- Work with the Toast Capital Management team to support decisions with data
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent business judgment and risk assessment as demonstrated by previous work or academic experience
- SQL and analytic programming skills (R, Python, Excel), willingness to work with large data sets and get into the details of business processes
- Knowledge and experience with statistical concepts and financial analysis (segmentation, break-even analysis, NPV estimation, IRR and XIRR calculations)
- Comfort in a fast-paced business-critical role that is a key contributor to Toast Capital’s continued success
- Ability to formulate novel solutions to problems, communicate thought process clearly, and think within the context of larger business needs and targets