Cost Analyst at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing by the minute. In the midst of this rapid expansion, we’re looking for a Cost Analyst to join our team. If you have worked in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain management, and have advanced accounting and finance skills, we're interested in speaking with you. At Formlabs, joining this dynamic, intensely focused team means applying attention to detail and good judgement skills to financial operations, while delivering the accurate and timely information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are excited by the opportunity to leverage strategic cost management to drive organizational value and growth we want you on the Finance Team as our Cost Analyst.
- Prepare timely and relevant cost reports and variance analysis for functional managers
- Analyze costs across the value chain to support cost-effective global sourcing decisions
- Utilize capacity planning, utilization, and costing tools to optimize strategic operational objectives
- Review and evaluate capital budgeting and project proposals to ensure return on investment and sound investment decisions
- Evaluate operational constraints and partner with management to propose short and long term improvements
- Work closely with functional leads to deliver continuous process improvements beyond the Finance department
- Plan and execute periodic physical inventory counts at primary and third-party facilities
- Serve as the Finance representative on cross-functional project teams using Agile project management tools
- Perform SOX control testing procedures, interpret results, and propose corrective actions
- Some domestic travel, less than 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of experience in a rigorous accounting or finance role
- Have a systems mindset and comfortable working with ERP systems
- Effective at communicating complex topics with an unfamiliar audience
- Strong Excel skills, including clear and concise cost-model building
- Deep accounting knowledge and ability to think critically about and propose solutions leveraging GAAP or other non-GAAP financial measures
- Graduate degree or relevant professional certification (CMA, CPA, CCA, etc.)
- SOX experience in the manufacturing industry
- Exposure to contract manufacturing relationships and workflows
- Experience with NetSuite, especially with data extraction and implementations
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.