Corporate Strategy Associate/Senior Associate
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth strategy including new market entry, product launches, build / buy / partner decisions leading to M&A and strategic partnerships. We’re seeking a Strategy Associate / Senior Associate who will help shape our organic and inorganic growth strategy through market research, analysis, and cross-functional collaboration across the Toast organization. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
About this roll*
- Conduct market research and analysis to holistically assess the restaurant tech landscape, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking to inform Toast’s growth strategy
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy / partner analyses to execute the company’s strategic objectives
- Play a key role in building and maintaining the corporate development pipeline, including the identification and sourcing of new opportunities
- Support the transaction execution process from end-to-end, including cross-functional diligence, deal structuring and negotiation
- Build rigorous business case and valuation models
- Synthesize analyses and recommendations into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate strategy
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform company strategy
- Expert Excel skills; experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate complex analyses into structured recommendations and present to all levels of management
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- MBA or management experience is advantageous
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful