Corporate Strategy Associate/Senior Associate at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
The Corporate Strategy team is responsible for driving long-term growth strategy including new market entry, product launches, build / buy / partner decisions leading to M&A and strategic partnerships. We’re seeking a Strategy Associate / Senior Associate who will help shape our organic and inorganic growth strategy through market research, analysis, and cross-functional collaboration across the Toast organization. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup.
About this roll*
- Conduct market research and analysis to holistically assess the restaurant tech landscape, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking to inform Toast’s growth strategy
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy / partner analyses to execute the company’s strategic objectives
- Play a key role in building and maintaining the corporate development pipeline, including the identification and sourcing of new opportunities
- Support the transaction execution process from end-to-end, including cross-functional diligence, deal structuring and negotiation
- Build rigorous business case and valuation models
- Synthesize analyses and recommendations into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or corporate strategy
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform company strategy
- Expert Excel skills; experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate complex analyses into structured recommendations and present to all levels of management
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, collaborative, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- MBA or management experience is advantageous
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful