Corporate Strategy Analyst
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
The Corporate Strategy Analyst, reporting to the Director of Corporate Strategy, serves as an internal consultant to the organization. They partner with cross functional teams to provide complex and detail-oriented financial, business, and data analysis to strengthen the strategic rationale driving key decisions. They create new business processes geared toward collecting and analyzing market data, lowering operating costs, and increasing key constituent satisfaction. The Corporate Strategy Analyst will also be tasked with centralizing and distributing market related data, and educating all levels of the of the organization, including management team, on market trends. The Corporate Strategy Analyst will drive use of critical thinking frameworks and participate in internal process improvement initiatives.
Key outcomes for the first 6 months:
- Perform primary and secondary research, analysis, and recommendation generation to support market assessments and identification of key strategic trends.
- Form relationships with key stakeholders in the data science and analytics, operations, product, and finance business units to educate and integrate market research into their decision-making process.
- Operate in a proactive and flexible manner, with the ability to lead multiple projects at once and pivot quickly when priorities change.
- Be the subject matter expert on market intelligence.
- Support key initiatives around service provider network management strategy.
- Help set the product strategy, prioritize features, and build consensus on how to maximize product value.
- Partner with product managers and product marketing team to integrate user research and market feedback into go-to-market strategies to ensure products satisfy customer/client needs and wants.
- Create quantitative analyses, including the development of complex financial models, to evaluate and implement strategic options.
- Monitor, organize, and report relevant industry news and current events to support competitive intelligence and assessment of new threats and opportunities arising in the marketplace (inclusive of the mobility start-up landscape).
- Interface with other groups within Ageroto collect and compile information in support of strategy development.
- Assist in due diligence analysis of potential M&A and partnership targets.
- Develop and present findings and recommendations to Senior Leaders.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Education: The minimum education: undergraduate degree from top tier university with strong record of academic performance.
Experience: 3-6 years related experience preferably with at least 2 years’ experience in strategy or management consulting.
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and research capabilities
- High proficiency with MS Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- This individual will be a very driven, self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- They will also be comfortable operating autonomously and able to form relationships and gain leverage with individuals at all levels in the organization
Working Relationships: Strategist will be in constant contact with members of the Strategy, Analytics and Data Science, Network, Operations, Finance, and Product business units.