Content Insight Analyst
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
At Toast, we view data-informed decision making as a key accelerant of growth. As the Content Insight Analyst, you will have the opportunity to transform Toast’s vast proprietary data set into trends about the restaurant industry. The ideal candidate should have ambidextrous brain, able to go from qualitative to quantitative analyses and back again. You’ll help bridge the gap between our business intelligence and marketing teams and act as a true data storyteller; driving narratives gained from data insights that unlock opportunities across the company’s product offerings and sales operations.
On a personal level, you are entrepreneurial with a mindset of building to scale. You are excited about engaging across the entire company, from C-level to Specialist, to drive business impact. You love both driving a strategic agenda and getting your hands dirty.
What you will do:
- Create and execute strategy for using data to create value for the Toast Marketing team
- Formulating hypothesis about trends in the restaurant market and collaborate with the business intelligence team to write data queries and test those hypothesis.
- Producing deep statistical analyses and data visualization to tell data-driven stories, and communicating analyses effectively to a broad audience.
- Regionalize data findings to accelerate sales in key markets.
- Communicate actionable insights to non-data oriented content creators both internally with the Toast Content team and externally with our content partners.
- Conduct data-intensive ad-hoc analysis on content performance to better understand audience segmentation and guide optimization of programming mix.
- Support Communications / PR team in building narrative of content performance for external and internal purposes.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A minimum of 4 years market research experience (designing, executing, analyzing, and drafting actionable recommendations from primary quantitative research or transaction data) or business intelligence and data analytics work.
- Demonstrated ability to form strong cross-functional relationships across marketing, business intelligence, and web teams.
- Experience running statistical modeling and analyses
- Experience using Excel, Word, and statistical software like SAS, R, STATA, or Python
- Experience with using SQL to pull data from large databases
- Proven experience conducting strategic analysis and providing proactive, actionable insights.
- Ability to operate autonomously.
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, or related field.