Consumer Insights Lead
Browse the Aisles
The Business Development Manager will thoroughly understand ADUSA's business, competition (market, regional and US) and strategic objectives to identify areas of opportunity. They will proactively seek new business opportunities and partnerships that help drive ADUSA's goals forward. This may involve using forward thinking and predictive modeling to understand where markets and competition are moving.
The incumbent will work hard to identify, build and maintain strong partnerships with third-parties to
maximize relationships and the provider's offerings to help drive our top initiatives forward. This includes heavy involvement in the diligence to determine which partnerships are the best strategic fit for the organization.
People who of people who will do well in this role often have some of the following traits: self -starter, curious, analytical, creative, objective, collaborative, dynamic, and able to work well with all levels of the organization and the vendors. They also like to work hard in a fun environment to drive tangible change.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. eCommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Provides leadership for identifying the right strategic and tactical Consumer based metrics.
- Develops/Identifies and conducts state-of-the-art Consumer research, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Develops predictive models (in selective areas) to: aid in decision-making, identify key business drivers and to
- Provides strong leadership for advocating strategic business directions that will help drive our long-term sales
- Manage third-party research partnerships and negotiate costs for foundational and ad hoc research programs
- Establishing productive working relationships with senior leadership, and each brand’s Marketing, Operations
and Merchandising functions.
- Reporting action-oriented results that are understandable by a diverse constituency.
- Responding quickly with accurate information with increasingly complex market/competitive conditions.
- Maintaining objectivity in the search for ""truth"" especially when it runs counter to popular opinion.
- Responsible for managing assigned staff. Responsible for hiring, training, and developing associates
- Manages performance through performance planning, coaching, appraisal and disciplinary efforts
- Communicates company and departmental policies to associates.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- In-depth, seasoned experience (10-12 years) in marketing/sales/merchandising and market research
at a market research, packaged goods or retail firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Statistics, Mathematics, or
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.