Compensation Lead at Fuze
We're on a mission to transform global workplace communication, and we need your help. How do you prefer to collaborate with your colleagues? By phone, video, instant message, or even text? Fuze is making it easy for businesses to embrace the modern, mobile workforce. We offer a single cloud-based platform that includes these technologies and more for simple, smart communication that works. Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices and customers worldwide, we're growing at a lightning-fast speed to meet the demands of the evolving unified communications as a service (UCaaS) market.
Fuze is currently searching for someone to lead our Compensation practice, and help to design & build our programs to be forward-thinking, scalable, and innovative in the marketplace. This is a dynamic role that will require its incumbent to constantly move from big-picture, straegic thinking to the tactical, operational delivery of program enablement, ensuring a top-tier employee experience can be delivered by all stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Global People Operations, this Compensation role will be a key strategic member of the global People Operations function, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day compensation programs, including cross-functional collaboration with all departments and business leaders. This team member will play a key role in planning, developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring (through audits, legal reports and personal interactions) that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
This role will require a high attention to detail, superior communication, and strong time management and analytical skills. The ability to identify, analyze, and solve business problems in both a high performing cross-functional team environment and independently are beneficial traits for this position. Strong business acumen can be built, but the innate ability to solve problems, design (and improve) a process, and be agile to growing and changing needs of the business, are must-haves from Day 1.
- lead, enable, and streamline all elements of Fuze compensation programs, including: the design of cash & equity budgeting, leveling, and allocation throughout an annual cycle of operations; management of merit and bonus planning and execution cycles; continuous cyclical and ad-hoc benchmarking; internal and market trend analysis for continuous program improvement
- own design and application of programs that align with Fuze values, strategic initiatives, and People Operations / Total Rewards strategy
- provide advice and partnership to stakeholders and partners on all pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- counsel people managers, business leaders, Finance, and HR Business Partners to help develop promotion and retention strategies for existing employees
- participate in, conduct, and/or purchase exempt and nonexempt salary surveys and benchmarking to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved and are continuously providing value to our stakeholders and business leaders
- design and implement robust and scalable program guidelines around levels and ladders, as well as bonus & equity plans
- effectively communicate and educate employees at all levels of the organization on compensation programs
- maintain strong knowledge of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance in all geographic regions of Fuze business operations
- develop and maintain ongoing analytical (deep and snapshot) metrics to show the story of evolution of our compensation programs and business practices at Fuze, including trend analysis, utilization and program efficacy, and mobility impacts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Human Resources Management, or a related field
- Previous experience supporting compensation programs for multi-location international organizations
- Experience with most or all of the following: global compensation strategy, short-term incentive (bonus plan) design & administration, leveling and salary banding, long-term incentive (stock) administration, benchmarking and survey data, sales compensation design
- 5+ years experience of progressively responsible experience in compensation management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets / other database & analytical tools
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills