Corvus seeks a CAT Modeling Analyst to join our growing team and work with the Chief Insurance Officer as part of a growing Risk & Insurance team. Corvus uses AI, Data Science and Machine Learning to provide an automated Cyber Insurance experience in retail and wholesale broker channels. You will have the unique opportunity to support our enterprise by providing cyber CAT modeling expertise and support for our expanding product base including both insurance and reinsurance offerings. Prepare to work alongside industry leaders in analyzing, evaluating, modeling and rating potential competitive solutions for our clients.
- Provide catastrophe modeling insight and expertise to Chief Insurance Officer (CIO) and Risk & Insurance team;
- Provide quarterly reporting of aggregate modeling results to CIO and Executive Leadership Team;
- Prepare and validate exposure information for modeling of portfolios with emphasis on cyber liability;
- Advise CISO and Risk + Response teams on potential incurred losses (pre or post-event) and quantification of scenarios;
- Work with underwriting teams to implement changes within the current rating platform (if applicable)
- Work with third-party cyber CAT models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams;
- Support actuarial team with profitability reviews that will assist senior leadership in managing and steering business decisions;
- Communicate modeling results with new and existing risk capital partners;
- Build proprietary tools that integrate Corvus’ data science capabilities with traditional CAT modeling methodologies;
- Participate in training of others (underwriters, client managers, risk analysts, accountants and actuaries) regarding CAT modeling analyses and methodologies;
- 5 or more years of experience in catastrophe modeling;
- Strong technical modeling skills and strong knowledge and understanding of cyber CAT models;
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis;
- Cyber Underwriting experience preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of primary insurance policies and reinsurance structures preferred;
- Self-motivated, creative, and possessing strong time-management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to multitask and be a great teammate;
Corvus provides a seriously safe nest for people who come from all paths. Our flock represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Although confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job, we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Corvus is a place where everyone can soar. So however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. And please check out what it's like to be a Corvid and our amazing benefits: https://www.corvusinsurance.com/life-at-corvus
Covid-19 Response: We look forward to inviting Corvids into our offices when it’s safe and they are comfortable. That said, Corvus has always embraced a hybrid work environment that empowers our employees to decide what is best for their own health and wellbeing. We’re committed to continuing this environment into the future.
Corvus is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation with our hiring process due to a disability, contact us at 857-259-3995 or [email protected]
Disclaimer: Bird puns are highly encouraged!