Carbon Market Development Lead
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
The Carbon Market Development Lead will be responsible for leading all aspects of growth strategy with strategic partners in Indigo Carbon’s priority industry segments (e.g., Tech, Utilities, Transportation, Logistics, etc.). They will lead co-solutioning with leadership teams in the world’s largest institutions (companies, NGOs, governments) to help them achieve their sustainability goals and advance the most affordable, scalable, and immediate climate change solution today. They will own top line revenue generation and manage deal profitability as well as be primary contributors to developing Indigo Carbon’s enterprise product offerings, working across the company and partner coalitions to translate customer needs and market data into product features and deal terms. They should have prior experience managing a team through complex solution development that requires financial modeling, multi-stakeholder project management, and superior story telling through visual and verbal communication.
The role will report to the Director of Carbon Product and Business Development.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Drive top line revenue expansion and manage deal profitability through rapid expansion of Carbon customer base, including identification, outreach, value proposition and product development for priority business segment
- Develop and design a menu of carbon offerings
- Drive and track internal process for development of Carbon Product measurement, modeling, and reporting requirements
- Drive and track internal processes for digital experience examples and offerings
- Own ‘voice of customer’ incorporation into both of the above
- Become environmental markets expert and value-added partner to Indigo Market Development, Marketing, Strategy, Innovation Science, Agronomy, Marketplace, and Operations teams
- Build a team of A players
- Manage team and own analysis of offset offering and deal term development from beginning to end
- Government and non-profit coalition management as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of complex solution development processes with track record of success
- Excellent communication skills with client facing orientation, including clear verbal and written communications, demonstrated storytelling and PowerPoint mastery, and ability to interact with executives with poise
- Structured and analytical with advanced Excel skills, experience with financial modeling preferred
- Coalition development and management skills
- Creative with ability to think about how to advance and market offering
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Product development experience a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong passion for the mission of Indigo and Indigo Carbon in particular
- 8+ years’ work experience in an analytical role required, preferred experience in management consulting, banking, corporate/business development or at a fast-paced technology company
- Team management in fast paced, analytical environment
- Analytical track record and superior story telling through visual and verbal communication
- Deal and negotiations experience preferred
- Experience in sustainability or ecosystem service market product development or marketing a plus
- Digital product development experience a plus
- Role is based in Boston; some travel to be expected
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.