Carbon Business Intelligence Analyst
At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon and the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, and by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, and the health of our planet. This goal is massive, and it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If you’ve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley and is explicitly taking on climate change, we’d love to hear from you.
There is not yet a carbon market in the world that is transacting the volume of carbon the world needs. There are carbon markets, and they are doing good work, but they have not hit the scale we all need them to. We aspire to meet that need. The hurdles we face are numerous, they are dynamic, and they aren’t easy. The Carbon Business Intelligence Analyst will bring structure and clear governance to the collection and presentation of carbon data. We’re looking for an emerging data leader excited by tackling tough, inspiring problems and passionate about creating rigorous data systems at scale.
This role is essential. A carbon credit or a carbon offset is fundamentally a data product. You can’t see it, touch it, or feel it. If we say “this smallholder farmer in India removed 4 tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere”, that claim is only as good as the data we have to support it and how easily, accessibly, and clearly we package and communicate those data. The Carbon Business Intelligence Analyst will be the data guru responsible for the quality, rigor, and credibility of our carbon data.
The Carbon Business Intelligence Analyst will lead efforts to enhance, monitor, and manage carbon data quality and reporting to the rest of the business. Analysts will comfortable talking with agronomists and growers about the realities of gathering on-farm data and the metrics that matter to growers and Indigo. Analysts will be comfortable collaborating with business leaders to understand the carbon team strategy and build out reports and dashboards that will provide insights for data-based decision making. Successful candidates will work with stakeholders to identify high value reporting needs, present data in a compelling and accessible manner, and connect data results to owners and actions across the company.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Build accurate and scalable queries and dashboards to contextualize and communicate the carbon data pipeline to the company using SQL and Looker
- Communicate about the state of the carbon data in a clear, action-oriented manner.
- Drive the actions of multiple teams through processing and presentation of data
- Collaborate closely with BI team to bring best practices to carbon data management
- Serve as the program manager for a portion of the carbon data pipeline, scoping needs from stakeholders, setting timelines, and ultimately delivering insights back to the broader team and company
- Clear analytical thinker
- Laser-focused on the end user and how the data will determine a business decision
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders to translate ambiguity into clear project requirements
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Passion for the mission of Indigo Carbon and the role farming plays in addressing climate change
- 3+ years’ experience data modeling, BI dashboard design or analysis experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Expertise with SQL (any dialect)
- Experience with Salesforce, Python, R, or Excel
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience building consensus with senior leadership and senior managers
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.