Business Software Engineer - Data Systems
Markforged is liberating designers and engineers from the long lead times and high costs of traditional manufacturing. We build cutting-edge next generation cloud connected industrial 3D printers that produce parts 50x faster that are 23x stronger and 20x lower-cost. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged printers to produce same-day prototypes and stronger end-use parts than ever before.
The Data Systems Team enables Markforged to maintain its explosive growth by supporting data infrastructure and developing business tools to empower nearly every team in the company. We build and manage a pipeline to handles millions of data points, as well as the SQL and Business Intelligence tools to make sense of that data.
In this role you will:
- Help Markforged solve some of its toughest problems using data
- Write SQL queries to answer questions for a variety of teams including management, product, engineering, and operations
- Design SQL data models to make our data accessible to other teams and BI Tools
- Build BI dashboards and reports and conduct ad-hoc exploratory analysis
What we look for:
- A desire and ability to own complex business problems and solve them with data
- 1-3 years with SQL querying and data modeling for relational databases
- Experience with BI Tools such as Tableau preferred, but not necessary
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description